A lot of people think that the North Country closes down right after Labor Day and we’re all just sitting around waiting for the snow to fly and the snowmobiles to hit the trails.
Oh, how wrong they are!
Autumn is one of the best seasons to visit Lopstick! Let us count the reasons why…
- The weather is fantastic! Warm, sunny fall days are perfect for any and all of our favorite activities. Fishing along the Connecticut River or in our lakes and ponds, hiking or biking the miles of trails, visiting the waterfalls and covered bridges, antiquing, shopping, or just stopping for lunch someplace new. The stars explode at night in the clear, chilly air up here in the North Country.
- Color! Nature puts on an amazing show as the foliage begins changing in September. It all depends on the weather, of course, but our peak time for leaf peeping is usually the last two weeks of September. Just ask any of the Guest Relations Staff here at Lopstick for a recommendation of a good place to view the colorshow. We know all the best overlooks!
- Fishing is magnificent as the days grow shorter. Look for the running of the Landlocked Salmon, which only happens in fall and spring. The Trout are big after a long summer of gorging themselves on insects of all kinds.
- Hunting season will get going soon as well. Check out the schedule for the start of deer and Upland Bird seasons, and pack your orange!
- Romance! Grab someone you love and come enjoy our comfortable cabins. Lots of them have gas fireplaces for the perfect place to snuggle down with a nice bottle of wine. After a busy day outside on the lakes, rivers or in the woods it’s the perfect ending to your day together.
Oh, yeah, bring on the fall! Come see for yourself how wonderful autumn at Lopstick can be!
See you soon,
Director of Guest Relations